Elliott and David posing in their matching sweatshirts
Hangin' Out
Elliott and Erin
Strike a Pose
Elliott and Chuck
Getting the table ready for our delicious Easter feast
Elliott back in his designated spot for mealtime - one day he'll be able to enjoy all this good food!
We almost captured a "first" milestone on camera, but we didn't quite get the best shot. Elliott had been scooting for a few weeks, but unfortunately he was only able to scoot backwards, which was very frustrating for him. A few days before Easter he added the 360ยบ to his movement repertoire, which made him very happy. But the biggest achievement was yet to come! On Easter day, Elliott finally started scooting forward, AND he would get up on his hands and knees rocking back and forth wanting to crawl. We managed to capture a little taste of this accomplishment on video, but missed his biggest scoot/crawl attempt. (As of 4/21/09, when I am typing this, he is definitely scooting forward more easily, and he spends a lot of time rocking back and forth on his knees wanting to crawl, but I have still never managed to capture it on video!!!)
Video: Elliott is on the Move!
(I have got to stop talking like this in the videos! I almost didn't post it because I sound so annoying. Feel free to mute the sound if needed!)
Then we were headed to the playground to walk off our meal, which included the most amazing and biggest slice of homemade coconutcake anyone has ever had.
Headed to the playground
Elliott and Mommy at the Playground
Video: Elliott Swinging in the Park
You're going to think 'action-packed' in a few more months!
ReplyDeleteThat was exhausting to watch! What a hard worker little Elliott is, and with no screams of frustration! I was very impressed. Perhaps he will be the silent but determined type. A reminder to us all that personal growth isn't easy.
ReplyDelete