When I was pregnant with Elliott, I read "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" to him almost every day, and I recited it to him minutes after he was born to soothe him with my voice, so it is no wonder "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" is now his favorite book. He always looks back and forth between me and the pictures and listens very intently. I have been attempting to capture this on video for the last 2 months with little to no success.
Sadly, this is usually due to my inability to work the camera correctly. Several times when I thought I was turning the video off after a perfect and sweet rendition, I realized I was actually just then pressing start on the record button. When I do finally manage to successfully hit record while having us in the camera view (a few times we were not in the picture at all), Elliott inevitably decides he has had enough reading for the day and revolts.
I think I am going to give poor Elliott a break before he begins to hate his favorite book, but thought I'd post some of my many attempts.
**Disclaimer: Watch these videos at your own discretion - they are very long and probably boring to all but me (and maybe Elliott some day)**
Here is my most successful attempt to date:
Video: Brown Bear, Brown Bear
(4/8/09)
Here are a few of the unsuccessful outtakes:
Video: Failed Attempt #1
(2/15/09)
Video: Failed Attempt #2
(3/5/09)
Video: Failed Attempt #3
(3/31/09)
Video: Failed Attempt #4
(3/31/09)
Can I just comment on the shirt that you are wearing in the first (and successful) video? You can feel good about doing your part in this world by recycling that shirt. That shirt is Green! It is my one and only Goody's purchase in this life thus far. Circa 1996? And captured in photos always with babies: me & Trey, you & Eliza and now you & Elliott.
ReplyDeleteare you SURE that it is his favorite book? just kidding. I had to ask, though, after watching all the "failed attempts." We can't wait to see him. When are you guys coming for another visit?
ReplyDelete