Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Oscars

Every year our good friends Kearsley and Todd (with their daughter Maya) throw an Oscar party. Todd makes voting ballots for all the categories and everyone throws $5 in the pot. I have never won, but I have been very, very close a few times! To be honest, the Oscars used to bore me, but now I look forward to every single category with anticipation (go Best Sound Effects!), and this has become my favorite party of the year (well, really it's the only consistant annual party I go to, but it's still my favorite).

One additional thing that makes it so nice is that the awards start at 5 PM on the West Coast, so it's easy to stay up for the whole thing - even the kiddies stayed awake for it this year! It had been awhile since all of us had gotten together, so it was fun to see the little ones reunite. They are all getting so old!


Maya, Elliott, and Isla enjoying the show


Elliott kicking back in his jammies as the night grew later

3 comments:

  1. ok, I just caught up on your blog and I cannot BELIEVE how big Elliott has gotten! He is so cute- what a fun age!
    love you, my late-night caller. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's all kicked back with the ladies. He could almost have a cigarette in one hand and drink in the other. ...there's time for that :) Looks like FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elliott's gotta have a chair like that! Fits him perfectly. Love Katy's comment....he does look pretty cool between the ladies.

    ReplyDelete