Monday, May 4, 2009

Elliott is a Curious Rascal

I would like it noted that today is the day Elliott started getting into everything. He is everywhere! I officially can't turn my back for a second. My friend Wandee (Mom to 8 1/2 month old Isla) warned me this day would be here soon, and she was right.

He got all the way across his room to his Daddy's guitar in no time flat (over and over). Then we went upstairs, and the same was true for Daddy's guitar in the living room and for all the chords under the chair and for the outlet, and so on and so on. He has never done any of this before - all today in the last hour!

Video: The Evidence



Elliott has also decided he hates bananas and avocados - he gags at the sight of them and turns his head in indignation. I will try again in a week or so. For now he still loves pears, apples, and brown rice cereal. Wish me luck on the carrots and peas I will be introducing soon.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! He's moving all over the place. Time sure does fly. Funny about the food--I gagged at the sight of green beans for years. Still would if you showed me a can of Del Monte french style green beans. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same reaction to green beans, too, as well as peas and pretty much all beans until I was an adult. But we're talking to the Queen of Food Pickiness, aka plain McDonald's cheese burger - fast food served up slowly. Don't worry. Kids can thrive on milk, apples and cereal for years.

    Love the stripe.

    I had to chuckle to myself as I watched the slow motion trouble making. Yes, it's exciting and intimidating that he's on the move, but...well...of course you know what's coming. See Mary's recent blog about their trip to Florida to get the three-year-old version.

    An example from my weekend: Miles and Eliza turned over the one pot I had planted with herbs. They threw all the dirt from this big pot all over the patio. DAy before at the May Fair, recently blogged, I was utterly exhausted and stressed. It was very crowded. Lost Miles four times.

    Still, it's nice how the little ones train you for the frantic chasing kinda slowly. And the stairs? Have you done anything about the stairs yet??

    ReplyDelete