Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3-4 months: Big Boy!

Now on to the present - whew, that was a lot of catching up to do, but fun to look back on how much Elliott has changed already.

Just a few weeks after we return from the holiday trip, Elliott turned 3 months old! Very exciting stuff. He really became a little baby boy rather than an infant. He started interacting with things much more and letting us know what he did and did NOT like. He became obsessed with his hands first and in the last few weeks has added his feet to the mix - he LOVES his feet. Elliott started grasping and then reaching out for toys. Every day you can see his play with them getting more advanced. At first he was content to lay in his activity gym and swat at the toys hanging down, but now he grabs them with all his might and tugs on them.

Elliott also started the beginning stages of teething over the last few weeks. This means he has discovered an increased passion for chewing on anything and everything. He loves burp cloths, his "lovees", his Lamaze box and Whoozit, his teething ring and his Sophie Giraffe and Baby Mushroom the most for now. Unfortunately, he has started to become quite frustrated when he can't get his toys in his mouth just right, and he has learned to express this frustration by making high pitched squeels very often. Although still sweet right now, check back with me in a few months!

Elliott's favorite pastimes are Daddy singing and playing guitar for him or dancing with him and taking a bath - he loves bathtime! He has also started belly laughing and always smiles when he sees his Mommy or Daddy. We love this! And just this week he has really started to cuddle with us, enjoying us holding him in our arms, laying his head on our shoulders and just sitting with him. So sweet - I hope this lasts! (Mary, is "laying" the correct word since he is laying his head down..."head" being the direct object? Oh, I am really going to be in trouble with my spelling and wording in this blog!!!!)

I have started nursing him to sleep, which is my very favorite thing to do. It reminds me so much of my sister with her little ones! When he's nursing, Elliott always puts his hands up to my face and mouth and wants me to kiss his little hands. Nothing could be sweeter to me!

So this is our little Elliott as of 4 months. Well, he will turn 4 months on the 16th, but close enough...I hope to update this blog with Elliott's doings at least once a week. Kearsley and Mary are my blogging inspirations, so thank you! I only hope to live up to their blogging expertese.

Here are just a few of my favorite recent Elliott shots:


Look how big he's getting and look at that sweet smile!


Mommy and Elliott and out on the town



1 comment:

  1. Sara, you are such a pro! I am going to have to take lessons from you! Elliott is so adorable and getting so big(love all the smiles!) I can't believe he's 4 months old. And yes, laying is the correct word because he is setting his head down- to lay means to set. You lie down to sleep. And lay is the past tense of lie- that gets confusing.
    I watched season one of The House of Elliot when I was on bedrest. I have it on dvd if you ever want to borrow it! How perfect for your blog! I love it. And I love you and your family, too.

    ReplyDelete