Thursday, September 15, 2011

First Day of Preschool!

After a long, arduous process we decided on Griffin Nursery School for Elliott's first school. He will be attending three mornings a week to start, but will probably move up to 4 mornings a week in December.

Elliott started school on Thursday, September 8th, and it was a very exciting day for the whole family. Elliott and I have been together almost all day every day for the last 3 years, so this was a big moment for both of us. Luckily, Elliott's best friend Sam is also going to Griffin and has the exact same schedule. I wasn't sure how Elliott would do once we dropped him off the first day or the following days, but I think having his best friend there with him made all the difference in the world.

Elliott LOVES school! In his second week, he has started telling me more about his day - what songs they sing, books they read, activities - playing with the big trains, in the sandbox, with the play-dough, etc, etc, etc. My favorite part of the day is now picking him up from school. It is such a sweet moment to share.

And what perfect timing! Elliott will have about 2 months to settle into school before "Baby Bean" arrives, which has also been perfect timing for me. I can do things I haven't been able to do since Elliott became a walking/talking toddler, such as organize the house and update this blog! We'll just see how long it lasts once the baby's born :)

Excited before his first day of school


Cool new lunchbox!


Mommy and Elliott


Daddy and Elliott


Sam and Elliott


Pregnant Mamas sending their first babies off to school

No comments:

Post a Comment